This report discusses the public use of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers coastal and navigation structures (groins, jetties and shore-connected breakwaters) for fishing and other recreational activities. Topic elements contained in this report include:
- Number and type of coastal and navigation structures in the United States.
- Legal and administrative authority of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers over public use of its jetties, groins and breakwaters.
- Overviews, visitation statistics, accidents and benefits associated with public use of jetties, groins and breakwaters.
- Design modifications and improvements for safe public use of coastal and navigation structures.
- Issues and alternatives for policy decisions on public use of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers jetties, groins and shore-connected breakwaters.